Sunday, July 29, 2007

OpenSpan

OpenSpan - http://www.openspan.com
This is a new tool/product am currently working on. This is a nice desktop integration application. I happen to like the features/ease by which it can intrograte data from applications and seamlessly integrate multiple applications. This is like greasemonkey for enterprise to script large and small applications together.

Pros
1. Application integration
2. Create composite desktop, or virtual applications.
3. Easy to use and learn. Is completely visual drag/drop development. Definitely fun!!
4. Easy to deploy.

Cons
I have got a list. Checking to see if it can't be done or am missing it :)

Mytake: Definetly a nice tool to have, and consider when designing/developing new systems. With the simplicity that OpenSpan provides, Enterprise can definelty 'mashup' new workflows or virtually integrated application in no time. But I dont see these or recommend this being a long term solution. Am not sure if its feasible to be designed as a long term solution without becoming a maintaince nightmare!! I will take time to review this product in more indepth sooon...

3 comments:

  1. Hello There,


    Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i’ve been waited for so long.


    My next project is on
    CPM frame work.
    Hence i request this group members to help me with the courses that i have to complete to understand this frame work
    And the next steps to do complete CPM certification and certification detials.
    Thanks in advance...


    Great effort, I wish I saw it earlier. Would have saved my day :)


    Thank you,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mate,

    Thank you SO MUCH!

    I was actually holding
    my breath as I followed these directions. It worked beautifully!
    I am currently working on Blue Prism and want to give certification exam for the same. What is the procedure? I have already registered on Pearsonvue.com.
    What should I prepare and what is the level of exam?
    Blue Prism Certification?

    By the way do you have any YouTube videos, would love to watch it. I would like to connect you on LinkedIn, great to have experts like you in my connection (In case, if you don’t have any issues).
    Please keep providing such valuable information.
    Ciao,

    543) Hello Buddy,
    Nice tutorial! Let's keep our fingers crossed that this works. I would like to put this all to rest.

    How to type username under UserId instead of copy paste in Blue Prism?

    By the way do you have any YouTube videos, would love to watch it. I would like to connect you on LinkedIn, great to have experts like you in my connection (In case, if you don’t have any issues).
    Please keep providing such valuable information.
    Kind Regards,

    Vani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola peeps,
    Love it absolutely! So crystalline. No mumbo jumbo. No non-sense. Straight and simple. You guys need a standing ovation for your good work.

    I suspect this is an issue with your version of Windows 10 OS. There is currently a known interrogation issue with version 1703. You can check your version by entering 'winver'. We are currently working on a fix. In the meantime, you can resolve this issue by uninstalling the Windows update that installed the Windows Creators update on your machine (check the Microsoft website for more information on this update). We also suspect that if you install to the most current Windows updates (so that your version will be higher that 1703) your issue may be resolved, however, this has not been definitively confirmed and should be treated as a test.
    Very useful article, if I run into challenges along the way, I will share them here.

    Gracias

    ReplyDelete